The balls in this scenario are purely metaphorical, mind you. I recently announced that I would not, could not meme anymore. I set a standard, you know; a stricture to live by. However, – it is important to fail of one’s minor goals so that one has enough energy to devote to larger pursuits.
Well, that’s my story, anyway. TIV tagged me for this, and while it’s true that this meme has a chain-letter feel to it, and I’m basically superstitious, it’s also true that TIV is a new blog read, and I want to be gracious and good sportish so she doesn’t think I’m an uppity what-to. So here is the ‘last hurrah’ blog meme. (I mean it this time. Honest.)
“MEME FROM COLE”
Like the chain letters of yore, the instructions here are to remove the top blog from the list, send that blog 65,000 foreign spam letters (or just say hello) and then add your name to the bottom of the list.
Therefore: Remove the blog in the top spot from the list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so:
1. Vaguetarian Tea Room- (http://vtroom.wordpress.com)
2. drawing on the walls- (http://hrsj.wordpress.com)
3. temporal millionaire- (http://temporalmillionaire.wordpress.com)
4. Blahblahblah- (http://colesedwards.wordpress.com)
5. TIV- (http://theindividualvoice.blogspot.com)
6. Stop and Wander- (https://bugbear.wordpress.com)
Next, select five people to tag: Hello, hard part. Hm. I wonder what this ‘Next’ button can do?
1. My Blog. My Space. My Place.
Five snacks you enjoy:
1. crunchy cheetos
2. red grapes
3. triscuits and salmon dip
4. pink juice
5. frozen blueberries
Five songs that you know all the lyrics to:
Look After You- The Fray
Fly Me to the Moon- Frank Sinatra
Hook- Blues Traveler
Why, Georgia, Why- John Mayer
Wichita Skyline- Shawn Colvin
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
Set aside a big chunk for Sierra’s college
Pay off anything left on parent’s house/car payments,
and send my grandparents on a tour of Europe
Squander cash in a grandiose fashion
Five bad habits:
3. P.M.S. chocolate hording
4. Occasional disconnection from all relationships.
5. Poor Time Management Skills.
Five things you like doing:
2. Chocolate Hording.
3. Reading in the bathtub.
4. Talking to my hottie.
Five things you would never wear again:
1. That new blouse that an ex said made me look like a cheap waitress.
2. Those shoes that smelled like a donkey’s ass when they got wet.
3. My Easter Bunny fugly nighty
4. That M&M sweatshirt that turned out to be the specific shade of green that show’s people what I will look like as a corpse.
5. Leg warmers.
Five favorite toys:
Now I’m going to talk about poetry, per TIV’s request. Except…. how Serendipitous! I already did! Talk about it, that is…
I wrote this article some time ago which specifically wrangles the topic, ‘Tips for Writing Poetry‘. I think I did a bang-up job. If I could apply my own advice, it would be even better.